Friday, April 21, 2017

Harriet: Jan. 30, 1929 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Around here we had a very wet one.I wish I could tell Mother nature to ease up a bit on the rain thing. But something tells me she has other ideas.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                    Chicago, Ill
                  Tuesday Eve
Dearest Sweetheart
Suppose you think I am
dead by this time for not
answering your letter sooner.
But I am still all here
well how is everything with
you honney fine as myself
I hope.
I heard that there is plenty
of snow up there. There isn't
so much snow here but it
is rather cold etc-
What are you doing for
excitement around there.
Last (Sunday) I went to
my girl friends for dinner and
played bunco in the afternoon.
In the evening four of
us girls went to a dance.
Had a wonderful time
you should of been along honney

              -2-
Have you seen Freda lately.
She sure must of had quite a
time after the operation.
Well darling when are you
coming to Chicago. If not before
why not come next summer.
How about it hon
Sure would love to have you
come.
Have you seen Clarence lately.
and what is he doing. Has
he any sweetheart yet. Tell
him to step on the gas ha! ha!
Well honney there isn't any
news and is getting time for
little girls like me to be in bed.
So will close with
    Heaps of love & kisses from
                         Sweetheart
                   Hattie
Answer
at once       (SWMK)

I see she signed it Hattie. I wonder if she was more known by that or if she was just trying to sound cuter.
The weather around here must have been kind of snowy and just cold down there.
Not a whole lot here. Just a nice letter that does not really say much of anything important.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Spring must be here- the geese are flying north. This remarkable aerial photograph shows a flock near Onawa, Iowa. The wild geese fly high but the plan flies higher.- A.P. Wirephoto.

I would love to have seen this picture in color. It always makes me smile when I see a flock of birds like this.

Here is a page from the joke book:

Jokes for the cold kind of people. Enjoy.

Here is a random picture:

It's not a good picture. I tweaked it the best I could but it's still hard to make their faces out. It could be one of Grandpa's attempt at getting a good picture developed.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have  a really good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment