Friday, July 13, 2018

Cousin Walter: Oct. 2, 1934; Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well the week is almost over. I still have to work Saturday for 6 hours. This week at work it was on the busy side for me. On Thursday I was always moving. I just hope that next week things will be at least a little bit calmer.
Anyway, it's been awhile, but here is a letter from Walter:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                 Chicago Ill.
                10/1/34
Dear Howard:
              Received eggs and
letter last week. Thanks a
lot for both. The eggs certainly
were good.
              Was glad to know
that you got back safely and
with out any trouble. It
must have been rather tiresome.
      Esther moved Sat.
and is just about settled by
now. I'm all tired out from
carrying all that junk up to
the 3rd floor. Her new
address is 4132 N Pulaski
Road.
   Let us hear from you
once in a while.
                      Walter
                           &
                       Emily
I sent that glass flower last Wed.
Hope she got it O.K.

We are sending case back
tomorrow. Thanx

It sounds like Grandpa had spent time in Chicago.
I do wonder how the eggs were sent. Would that happen today?
I wonder who Emily was. Was she one the letter writers I've shown you?
I wonder how long Esther lived in the place.
What is Esther's last name?

Here are a couple of stories from a paper called, "Union Advocate; The Peoples Voice; St. Paul Minnesota, August 30, 1934:

I wonder if the book he wrote is still around.

This paper was the Labor Day Edition.
I might sometime try to show some of the longer stories.

Finally, a random picture:

No idea who they are or when it was taken exactly. Maybe someone will be able to tell me.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I just counted the letters left, 8. But I know there are a few other with dates from somewhere in the thirties, forties and maybe fifties dates that I have not really decided when I will show them. I will let you know later what I plan to do with this blog.
So, I do hope you will still come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment