Friday, July 27, 2018

Thomas Johnson: Oct. 15, 1934; Chicago Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well, it's the end end of yet another wee. But my work week will not end till Saturday. I wish this overtime on Saturdays will end soon. I enjoy two day weekends more then one. How about you?
Anyway, here is a letter from Grandpa's brother Thomas who was in Chicago at this time to go to the Worlds Fair:

 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I thin it says:

                 Oct. 15 1934
Dear Howard
We were over to see
Hildings Sat. we and
they are fine greetings from
them and old Walins
I think I will be home
Thursday eve or Friday
The reason I am writing
is so as to let you
now when to expect
me. Hope everything is O.K.
have had warm and nice
so far, don't now
much to write now. We
are going to the fair today
Esther send best regards
            Your Brother
               Thos.

I guess just a brief note from Thomas.
I wonder how often he was with Esther.
I do hope he enjoyed the fair.

Here is a story from "The Bee" Thursday February 1, 1940:

I love the wording in this story. I wonder if this kind of story could be written today and what would it sound like.

Here is something I found  about a movie:



The picture came out in 1930.


Finally, here is a random picture:

This might be mas but I'm not sure.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a very good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment