Friday, July 20, 2018

Gladys: Oct. 10, 1934

Dear Friends,
I hope your week was good. Mine was a little tiring from time to time plus I have to work Saturday. On Saturday the family is having another get together. I'll have to tell someone I will be there but not till after 1 pm. I just hope this having to work on Saturdays does not last to much longer. No fan of those kind of hours.
Enough whining, it's been awhile since there was a letter from Gladys so here it is:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                Oct 10/34
Dear Howard:-
  Thanks for letter
I had these pictures
over so I'm sending
them to you hope
thats O.K. by you -
let me know.
Had luncheon with
Gladys Holm yesterday
& so gave her your
message. She leaves
Friday to spend the
weekend with Edna
in Detroit.
The weather is
glorious here I hope
it stays that way
while Thomas sees
the fair.

Don't wear the old
Ford out so I can
never get that ride
you promised me
"Ha Ha"
So long & let
me know if these
pictures are enough
    Best wishes
      From
         Gladys

As for the pictures she mentioned, they were not with this letter. They could something I've already shown you or maybe they were missed placed.
It looks like his brother Thomas was spending time at the Worlds Fair at that time. I do hope he enjoyed himself.
Still hanging out with Gladys Holm. Who then spent time with Edna. I hope everyone had a very nice time.
The weather was nice at the time.

  Here is a story from The Minnesota Union Advocate, august 30, 1934:


Because of the size of this story I scanned it in two pieces.
I wonder how much this would fit today.

Here is a story from "Fate" November 1950:

I wonder if these snails are still an issue today.

This is the last story from this magazine I will be showing for now. The rest of the stories are more then one page long.
I'm thinking about showing you stories from a newspaper called "Svenska Amerikanaren" The Swedish American Newspaper. From September 11, 1924. From Chicago, Ill.
It is in Swedish so I will have to translate them using Google Translate. I have to be careful when I scan it because it is a little fragile.

Finally, here is a random picture:

Not sure at this moment if I have shared this one before. I have a few picture of this woman. No idea who she is or when it was taken.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you all have a very good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment