Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Theresa Lambert: Sept. 19, 1919, Chicago plus other pictures.

Dear Friends,
How are you? I'm doing okay. I've got a little scratchy throat, but still fine.
That next letter is once again from Theresa. She is now back in Chicago.
So here it is.


In case it's hard for you to read here is what is says:

Dear Friend,
We arrived in Chicago safely Tuesday evening.
I no sooner got cleaned up and went out to a girl friends
house when I was greatly surprised. All the boys and girls got together
and made a surprise party on me. We had a good time.
How did the pictures turn out. Rotten I sup-

pose. But after you have them developed send me some any way.
How is your sick cow getting along?
I hope you didn't kill her. Gee that's awful.
Well I am glad I am off of the farm any way. 
Send the best regards to your mother and father 
from my mother. Well I guess I will close.
Hoping you will send the pictures.
Your Friend
Theresa

Here is another of the pictures I think is of Kathryn, Theresa and her sisters and bother.

I'm still not sure who is who but maybe some day someone will be able to tell me.


I was looking through some of the pictures and finally decided it was time to start putting some of them out there.
The first one is of my grandpa and his brother Thomas.

Grandpa is the one standing. I did know Uncle Thomas. He never married. He died in 1970. So I was about 8 years old. I'm not sure how old they were in this picture but, they look to be in their teens.

This next picture is I think of a logging camp. I'm not sure where. I'm thinking maybe from up Ogema way.

This next picture is just one of many that I have no idea who it is.


The picture was taken in Appleton, Wis. If you know this woman I would like to know more about her.

This next article I found with some other articles. I thought it was interesting and with all the trouble with things now a days this might get people thinking.

Click on it to read what this old farmer had to say about things at the time.


Well that's all I have time for now. 
With my regards to all,
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment