Friday, February 14, 2014

Kathryn Clary; Oct. 9, 1919, Chicago plus Valentines treats for you

Dear Friends,
How are you? I'm doing as well as can be expected suffering from cabin fever. The next letter is from Kathryn. It is typed but I'm not sure if it's because of time or if it was just a bad typewriter at that time it's a little faded. So here it is.
In case it is hard to read here is what it says:

Dear Friend,
        I suppose you think I am a fine one for
not writing sooner but you see I am working now
and go to nite school too, so you see my time is
is all taken up. Theresa and I both work in the
same place. Down at nite school they have dances
every Thursday nite and we have a picnic. Do---
You have many dances out there? It's lunch time---
now but I got thru rather early today so I thot-
I would write a few lines. How is your mother
Tom and all the rest? I hope they are all well.
Oh yes and how are you? Still milking cows? Do-
you enjoy it as much as ever? Some time I will
send you a few films and have you develope them
for me. Will you? Are they having any good shows
up there? There having Nasimova here in The Brat
and I want to see it. Be sure and answer this as
soon as possible please? Tell Elmer to write too.
Say dont forget to send some more pictures will
you? Theresa received your letter yesterday and I
think she will answer soon, any how I will make
her, of course not saying how soon I answered eh?
   Well there is another girl that wants to
write a letter so I suppose I will have to quit
now. Well dont forget to answer this real soon do
you understand?

                                  Your friend,
                                          Kathryn Clary.
                                   3818 N. Ashland Ave.
                                       Chicago Ill.

I copied it just the way it was typed, misspelling and all. I just wonder what Nasimova is? Oh well just another thing I have to look up when I get a chance. Along with seeing if the publisher P.F. Collier & Son is still in business.
Here is another picture of I think is Kathryn and Theresa.


Now here are a few old valentines.

On the back of this one it says:  From an old friend H.B. I might be one of the women but I'm not sure right now. It was post marked Feb 12, 1934 Evanston Ill. Now that I think about it, there was one from Evanston that wrote to him.

An unused one.

It says: 
How are you. I am fine. Hoping to see you soon.
I am feeling fine. Would you like to be called down.
As it says on the other side of this card.
Guess who it is from
Goodbye
The post mark is May 17 1921 Medford Wis.
(I guess I should have looked at the post mark before I posted it.)

Now a couple of other things I thought would give a chuckle.This one was post marked Mar 1, 1928, St. Paul Minn

This is an ad I think for a book that could help your love life. I got a kick out of the question it could answer.

This next thing is for a writing club to help you find a good woman. I got a kick out of some of the chooses. They may not have had the internet back then but this was their way of finding the one for you.




Well that's about all for now. I hope you all have a good Valentines Day.
Till next time.
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment