Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 6, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis

Hello Friends,
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. Mine was good. I little shopping on Saturday and then some house cleaning on Sunday. Nothing exciting. It was nice a warm or I should say warmer then it has been. So i enjoyed that.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary. Grandpa must have been staying in Rib Lake at the time because the letter was addressed to Rib lake at the Central Hotel. Maybe he was logging in the area and it was easier to stay there.



As always here is what it says:

                    Rib lake, Wis
                    Oct. 6, 1925
Hello Howard:-
    Say I just wanted
to tell you not to come
over Wednesday evening
and don't phone either.
Mrs. H. gave me a real
talking to for staying
out so late. She says
if I don't quit it she'll

tell ma on me. What
do you think about that.
If you want to go along
Friday come at about seven
and I'll be ready. If you
want to you can ask Mary
if there are services.
But I think it was every
Friday during October.

Well so long I don't
know what else to
write and I think that is
enough. I hope you get
this before tomorrow
evening now.
         Well so long
               M.

It has been been awhile since there was a letter from Mary. But something tells me they were seeing a lot of each other and letters were not needed.
I wonder how late they were staying out together? I wonder if Mrs. H. had tell on Mary to her ma?
I wonder how often the mail was delivered back then?
So many questions that will never be answered.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

I thought since Grandpa could have been working at a logging camp I'd show you a logging picture.

This is Gerda Gustafson. No idea who she was. Her name is on the back of the picture. I have two copies of it.

This could be a picture from Sweden. I think I translated what's on the bottom. It says, Junipers in Skane. (there should be a circle above the a.)  I wonder who the people are?

Well that's all I have for you today.
So enjoy the week.and I hope you will drop by again on Friday for the next letter on Dear Howard.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment