Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Edna: Oct. 16, 1925 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine was the same as always. No real drama for me, I hope the same for you.
Here is the next letter from Edna aka Eddie.


AS always here is what it says:

                   Chicago, Ill
                    10-16-25
Dear Howard,
  How's the old man?
Got your letter to-night.
Also one from home.
  I've been sick all day
came home early.
My throat is terrible.
I must have my
operation. The Dr. said
I should go home &
rest & then have it
done. I'm all run down
my nerves are terrible.
But don't know if I
will or not as Gladys
hasn't been home & I
have.

 Howard I can't
guess what that puzzle
is. Will you tell
me soon. I'll tell
you one maybe. Don't
dare to write it.
Well how's Rose?
I'm invited to three
Halloween parties &
don't know which one
to accept. Can't go to all.
  Don't tell the folks.
But I guess I am coming
home. Please don't tell
them tho'. Maybe soon.
Please write soon.
I go to see Gladys
every Sunday. I'll tell
her what you said
when I see her Sun.
          Sincerely
           Eddie
Excuse
short
letter

I wonder when she had her operation?
I wonder which Halloween party she went to and if she had a lot of fun? Also why she didn't what her folks to know about them?
I wonder what kind of puzzle she told her?
I also wonder what hers was and why she couldn't write it?
So many questions that could never be answered now. They have almost faded away.
I like the little guy she drew behind her name.

Here is a picture from the joke book.


And now some random pictures for you to see.

It says on the back that they are Hanna and Nels Raseen. They are interesting looking couple. But they could also be brother and sister.

This is Roy and Gladys Swanson. ( I don't think that this is the same Gladys she is talking about.)

I might have shown you one like this before. I think it is Grandpa dressed up for Halloween.

Well that's all I have for today.
I hope you will drop by again on Friday for another letter and pictures from a faded past.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment