Friday, March 20, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 7, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was fairly uneventful. My Dad though got a very big surprise. He learn that he will be receiving a Life time achievement award. He is the kind of guy who always helps anyone when asked. He has been involved in different things like he was a fireman for many years. He is still an EMT. he has served on the church council. Was on the board of the Taylor county credit union. He give 110% when ever asked for help. In May he will be honored with a ceremony. I'll keep you posted on it.

Anyway here is the next letter from Mary. This one is post marked at 8am. The next letter is post marked at 1pm. I'll just show you the first one today the next one on Tuesday.


    As always here is what it says.

P.S. It's the pens fault that
this letter looks so crazy
                   Rib Lake, Wis
                   Oct. 7, 1925
Hello Howard:-
    Say, I was surprised
to get a letter from
you this morning.
But you needn't feel
so bad about it. Only
it made me pretty
mad at first, cause
Hilda never used
to say a thing to me
no matter when I got
in or where I went.
  And say, there's no
church Friday nite,
its on Saturday this
week so I spose you

can't go. I told Mary
Schneider to tell you
if she saw you but
she said she didn't
she'd get a chance to
talk to you.
  Do you think well
be able to go sleigh riding
soon? Buddy wants to
put on the skis to-
morrow.
  Well so long and
call up some time and
burn these two letters,
will you?
   good luck M.K.
P.S. I wonder what Mrs. Kipke
would say if she knew
that Mary Schneider had
stayed out till half past four

Well Grandpa is still staying at the Central Hotel in Rib Lake.
I wonder who Hilda was? But she must have been talking about Mary and what she was up to.
I think that Buddy was Mary brother.
I wonder how often Mary Schneider stayed out so late?
We'll never know because it's history that has already faded away.
As for Grandpa burning letters, I don't think he did that very often if ever. If he did this site would not exist.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who these girls could be or when it was taken.


A couple of pictures showing Grandpa being on different kinds of boards.
My dad (Clement Johnson)  has followed in his footsteps.

Dad will be honored for a lifetime achievement on May 2nd. The article also mentioned Dave Fleegel who is the person of the year. The story tells of all things both men have done over the years and continue to do.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed reading the things I have offered to you. I hope you drop by once again on Tuesday for another look at a fading history.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment