Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lillian L.: Dec. 5, 1925 Marquette, Mich.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Saturday was a nice warm day at first. Then it started to cool down. Sunday was cooler and rainy. But at least there was no drama, for me.
This next letter is from a new girl, Lillian L.. I'm not exactly sure about the last name so I'm just going to put a L, it's hard to make out, it's a challenging one to read as you will see.
Here it is:




Now bare with me. I'll write it out the best I can.

       Marquette, Mich
                  Dec 5 1925
Mr H. Johnson:__
  Received your letter
a time ago which
thanks very much
I couldn't imagine
from who that letter
was from I wasn't
going to remember
who it was, But then
as you said about
Mr. & Mrs. Rase that's
how I remembered
then. well, I still
remember the time
I was there I wander
when will it  he again
I spose for a good

many years after all.
Its over a year since
I was there the time
sure flies, can't
imagine where that
time has gone.
I figure on stay-
ing at Marquette
for few more
months or probly
till spring. I'm
tired of Marquette
already. I wonder
if Detroit will
be the next town
as all young go
there. But it
seems to me as

if I wouldn't enjoy
myself there I ima-
gine its too big
for me yet. I guess
I'll wait for spring.
  Oh the weather
here is cold now
at present only
a little of snow
tho' Just the
same. How is it
at Wisconsin
  Will you please
tell that Mrs
Rase to write to
me. I will not
write until she
writes first, tell

her I wish I was
there to haul her
out; she sure takes
time but she writes.
  Well, I wish
you all a merry
X-mas, hoping that
you'll excuse my
pencil writting as
my pen is broke
I'll remain this
scribbling.
      Yours truly
        Lillian
        Launett
My
address
506 Noswood St.
Marquette
    Mich
c/o Bookaw
my
rooming
address

Like I said this was a very challenging one to copy. I did my best. Some words I know I got wrong. I'm not sure if I spelled  her last name right. That's why I put only a L for her last name. Maybe somewhere in the future there will be a clearer spelling of her last name. I'm not sure how many letters there will be from her. I wonder if they are all this challenging.

So here are a few random pictures for you to see:

This is another picture of a root cellar that was on the home place. Where uncle George's house now sits.


Three girls. No idea who they are.


 This is half of a picture. This is aunt Jeanie. I wonder how old she was here.

Well that's all I have for you today. Come back Friday for another look at faded history.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment