Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mary Kauer: Nov. 19, 1925 Rib Lake Wis.

Dear Friends,
I don't know about you but this last weekend was just what the doctor ordered around here. It got into the 70's around here on Sunday. A little windy but still very enjoyable. My daughter's bridal shower was a very nice get together. No drama's that I know of, excepts some of the youngsters doing what all young kids do at a get together like this.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary.




 As always here is what it says:

             Rib Lake Wis
            Nov. 19, 1925
Dear Howard:-
  Well, seeing I made
you mad last nite I'll
try and make up by writing
today.
  How are you today?
I hope not too tired. Because
I do feell feel kind of
sorry for you then. I

know I hate to work
when I'm tired.
  My sister was over here
last nite but I haven't
seen her today yet. I'm
going over after while and
I spose I'll get it then.
Mrs. Hipke wanted to know
how it was that you always
came without her knowing
anything about it. I'll tell
you what else she said
when I see you. That is

if you come again. You
said something about
quitting me didn't you?
Say, I can't think of any-
thing to write, guess I lost
too much sleep this week.
       Lots of love from
                          Me
P.S. Isn't it fun being
married and have no one
else know about it?
P.S. If this letter sounds crazy
its because I was with all the

rest of the _________Swedes
last nite.

I wonder what she did to make him mad?
It sounds like Grandpa could be kind of sneaky when he wanted to.
I wonder why he said he was going to quit her?
I also wonder what she means by being married and no one knowing about it.And why she said being with the rest of the Swedes last night. I have an idea what she means but not for sure. What do you think?
So many questions that will never be answered.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

I think I may have shown you this one before, don't remember. But it Grandpa and two girls.

Grandpa and Gladys Swanson.

Tillie Weberg

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good week and I hope you drop by on Friday for another letter and pictures.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment