Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mary Kauer: Dec. 18, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I don't know about you but I had a good weekend. I went to see my youngest on Sat. with one of my nieces. She enjoyed it because her children were not with. So she could relax and really look at things without having to keep an eye on them.
On Sunday I painted the swing I have in the backyard. It looks new again.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:




As always here is what it says:

                    Rib Lake Wis
                    Dec. 16, 1925
Dear Howard:-
   I got your letter today and
was glad to hear from you, of
course. Who wouldn't be?
I wrote one letter already
tonite, so I really ought to
leave this one till tomorrow.
Two letters a day is almost
too much for me, don't you think
so too? If I keep on this

way I'll have to get a typewriter
soon.
I hope you can come Sat nite
our program isn't till next
Wed. Friday there is one at
Spirit lake and Sat. at Rib
River where Miss Kriss teaches
I spose John Kauer will be
right Johnnie on the spot. I'm
------ I think I'll go
to the Spirit Lake program
if the weather keeps up.

My first cousin wants to go.
I think I'll go home the
day before Xmas and stay till
after New Year's. Say I just
had a nap norc. But it wasn't
very long long just about 3 minutes.
My writing looks worse now
than I did before, doesn't it?
I was to show Sunday and
gee I wish you could have
seen it. I don't know when
I laughed so much. It

was just a dandy to get you
over the blues.
I think I'll close now cause
I'm falling asleep again. We
worked quite a lot today that's
the reason I'm so tired.
I told Rose about the
Album and she said she had
a good price to put write in it
but she didn't tell me what
it was.
     Good Luck from Mary
I looked this letter over and gee, it looks scrawly

Not a lot here. Just a normal letter. I wonder if they got together around Xmas time.

Anyway here are a few random pictured for you to look at.

I think this is a picture of Mary.

This is Gotfred Weberg and Elmer Johnson.

No idea who this is. It could have been taken in the fall.

It's been awhile since I put a picture from the scrap book. A lot of the pictures are kind of big to fit in the scanner so I took a picture of one.

In 1929, Al Smith congratulating the newly elected New York governor, Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Well that's about all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed it.
I hope you will drop by again.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment