Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Edna (Eddie): March 4,1926 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
How was your weekend? I will say I had no drama in mine, that I know of. I just wish it would stop raining so much. But what you going to do. Mother nature is going to do what she's going to do.
Here is the next letter from Edna, aka Eddie. Plus her sister or maybe Gladys ( I think) added her letter also, which is written on an index kind of card.






I will say I'm sorry right now if I do not copy it right. My eyes are tired and the sisters letter is written small and with to many loops. Plus writing on the side and top upside down.
Deep breath... Ready...

(Upside down)
PS- Sure dreamed a
funny dream about
you last nite. Ha!
                        Chicago, Ill
                         March 4, 1926
Dear Howard,
  Well, how is the boy?
Hope you didn't get cold
feet going home the other
night. How is Alice??x
Like me, eh?
  Say, I've been bumming
ever since I came back.
Monday I went up to
report at the office. See
I have to give the girl in
my place notice. I'll
begin Monday I guess
   Gladys did not get
my letter so she was
not to meet me. So I

called up Al's as she was
staying there. She told me
to hurry down there. That
evening we went over to
see Ernest. He sure has
changed. Oh! boy & big.
  I've been to several
shows and one dance since
I came back. Ernest took
me to an operetta Monday
night. You remind me
of it some time and I'll
tell you. it sure was
funny.
  Today Gladys & I were
to a Movie. Now I'm
awaiting a telephone call.
I'm going out tonight.
What are you doing
for amusement? Is your
cousin there yet? Or has

Mary taken her place?
Please don't get sore with
me. You must understand
my language by this time.
You know what a fool I am.
I have some thing to
tell you a j--- It sure
is good. I don't dare to
write it. Remind me of it
when I see you. if you
are a single man. Ha!
  My boss jumped about
2 feet when he saw I
was intending coming
back again. He said he
almost was believing I
had fooled him. Poor
fish. I might fool
him yet.
Have you seen

Luella since I last saw
you. Did you ask her? better
hurry old boy.
  I think I must get
ready too. Gladys is almost
ready for dinner. And its
almost time for us to go.
 Gee, I hate to have Gladys
go an other case as she
will be doing one of these
days either tomorrow or
Saturday.
 Please excuse scribbling
and grammar also errors.
  greet your mother &
the rest Au revour
           as B/4 Eddie
(written along the side)
I know you won't see that  blob. ha!

Now for the other letter.

                  Thursday:
Dear Mr Howard: As Sis is
so occupied in writing I will
have to so so too. Well how
are you anyway/ Eddie & I
are just fine and sure are ha-
ing one good time since we
both got back to Chi at the
same time and Ernest lives
right across the street so we
are always together.
 I sure was sorry to hear
of your fathers death. I hope

your mother is well
Gee you and Eddie
must be on terible
terues. She spills
bits of your convers-
ations every once in
awhile and I am sho-
cked beyond words
some times because
I have been out the
job for 10 months and
never heard or saw
anything so I sure
consider myself alre-
ost au angle ha ha
How is Thomas? Greet
him from me. Oh ya
tomorrow I go out on
a case again, so I hope
a nice thing to look
forward to work. Vel I
may see you some
time this year if I
can get home don't
know yet. Give my love
to your mother all of it
             From G. ?


This was a challenging one to read. Not only what is written but the order to read it. What do I mean? Well the paper is folded in half, first page is easy to start but you open it up and have to figure out if it continues first on the right of left side. This one was right first then left.
Then of course reading the second letter was lot of fun, not. I know I spelled some words wrong because I wasn't sure what the were for sure. They could be Swedish words.
I wonder who Ernest is? Just another question where the answer has faded away never to known again.

Well here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this is or when it was taken. It was from Ashland, Wis. at a studio called Bailey.

I wish I knew who this little girl was and when it was taken.

This is the model T that was know as Grandpa's courtin' car. It has a shade that can be pulled down on the back window and on of the back side windows. How do I know this? Because it is still around. My dad has it in his garage. It's been a long time since he had it out. Maybe someday he'll take it for a spin around town again. This picture was taken August 4, 1935. Not sure who is in it.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you have a good week. If you get time Friday maybe you can drop by again for more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment