Friday, June 12, 2015

Helen: Feb. 16, 1926 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
It has been a very wet week. To wet for my taste. I just hope the weekend is more on the dry side. Well as dry as it can be even though the ground sounds like you are walking on a sponge.
Anyway here is the next letter. It from Helen. No idea right now what her last name is. She lived in Westboro.


It's a sympathy note. here is what it says:

             Westboro, Wis.
              Feb. 16, 1926
Dear Howard:-
                 Please
accept my sincere
sympathy in your
great loss. My thot's
have surely been
with you, although I
haven't been able to
do anything for you.
  Hope you will all

be given strength, so
you may succeed thru
all the trials set before
you.
I tried to call you, but
couldn't get the line, so
wrote a few lines instead.
Call me sometime if you
are not too busy.
     With love
              Helen

I found out how he died. It was a kind of freak accident. A heavy sliding barn door came off and fell on him. I sounds like a very gruesome thing. I wonder who was there when it happened. I don't know much about my great grandpa. I do know he spoke and wrote in Swedish more then English. I think I have shown you a number of pictures of him. I'm sure there are a few more of him that will show up.

Here are a few random pictures.

This one was taken by S.A. Johnson from Phillips, Wis. No idea which church it is.

This is a postcard of the First Luthern Church  in Ogema, Wis.

I wish I knew what the gathering was for. Maybe a funeral.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
I hope you have a good weekend. Me, I have a wedding to attend. I just hope the weather cooperates.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment