Friday, June 5, 2015

Mary Kauer: Feb. 3, 1926 Rib lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds you all well and that you had a good week. Mine was good. But I'm sure we are all in agreement that we are looking forward to the weekend.
This next letter from Mary is five pages long plus three funny things she included.
So since it is a long letter I'll get right down to it.





First I'll show you the letter; Here is what it says:

           Rib lake, Wis
           Feb. 2, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  Thanks a lot for the
Valentine you sent me. I
couldn't imagine what in
the world was in such a
large package ( I thot
maybe you were sore at
me and were sending
back all my letters) Wilma
brat it up and when she
said it was for me I
thot she was just kid-
ding. Mrs. Bogumill thinks
that big one is just a
peach. So here's a x
for it.

 Say, I said I'd get married
every day for $10 but you
never even said you'd
give me a nickle, did you
 you should at least made it five nickels.
You I'm sending you a
picture on " The easiest way
to take care of a baby."
Keep it, it may come in
handy some day. But don't
ever let your wife  see
you trying a stunt like that.
  There's going to be a
masquerade here Feb. 12
again. I'm going to mask
but don't know yet how.
I wish you were here so
you could come too. I'd
like to see if you'd know

me. I guess it will be
quite a big doings
as the American Legion
is giving it. No unmasked
persons are allowed on the
floor before 10.30 so I
guess most of those that
like to dance will be masked.
Did I tell you about the last time?
I don't remember?)
  How is Inez getting along?
I hope she likes me a
little yet. Or did you
talk her out of that? Tell
her hello for me when
you see her and give her
a big kiss for me. You
ought to be able to do

that. Else what's the use of
you being a big husky
Swede?
How's Thomas and Edna?
Are they still on speaking
terms or are they sore
again? Couldn't you play
cupid for them and kind
of help them along? You
know you should help
where ever you can. "Be charitable"
it says in the Bible. And
helping a fellow to get a
girl is an act of charity,
isn't it? That is, it would
be if the girl isn't some one
like me.
How is Ed and the school

school teacher? Have they a
soft spot in their hearts
for each other or is that
all off? Has Albert got a
girl yet or does he still
hate them. Gosh, if he
knew how nice girls are
he'd change his mind, don't
you think so?
Well, now I asked you all
the interesting questions
I could think of so you'll
have to write a long
letter next time to answer
them all.
 (Ain't I smart?)
----------from Mary.

And now for the funnies she included.

        She wrote on the top one:  I'd stuff the keyhole.

 She wrote on the side: I bet you'll be doing this is in a couple of years.



She wrote on the top: Oh we won't go home until morning.

I like this letter. She has a lot to say about a lot of different things. I just wonder if Grandpa answered all of them. I also wonder what he sent her for an early Valentines. Plus I wonder if she will ever say what it was.


Well here are a few random pictures for you to see.


No clue who they are. 

These are the cousins I met Memorial weekend. I wonder how old they were in this picture?


Grandma is the one in the middle.

Well that's about all I have for you this time. Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment