Friday, June 19, 2015

Mary Kauer: March 4, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
How was your week? Mine was calm. The weekend looks like it's going to be another half and half weekend. Half wet and half dry. At least I'll be able to catch up with my housework. Been a little busy with a play I'm going to be in. it's going to be a great show when we are finally able to to show a real audience.
But that's not history, yet.
So here is the next letter from Mary. (Now that's history)




As usual for those of you that find it hard to read here is what I see:

                    Rib lake Wis
                    Mar. 4, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  I'm trying to do
what you told me to.
Answer your letter real
soon. I got both cards &
letter this morning. They
are both dandy. specialy
the one (I miss you like the D.
 How was the Institute
at Ogema? of course it couldn't
have been as good as ours
was here.
  I s'pose Helen called you
up Tuesday and told you
that she was up here.
Gee, I was glad to see her

but oh, how I looked. Like H.
She says she has to go
to the doctor once more.
I'm glad I'm not in her
place. I hate doctors
and dentists.
  Say I guess this writing
is worse than usual but
I'm writing on my lap so
it's not my fault.
  Wilma & I were skating
tonite and when we came
back she went into Share's
and made Mr. Hipke buy
us a dish of ice cream.Gee,
it was good. She did that
Sunday too but then there
was such a crowd of

men in there. Say I've got
to quit writing for tonite
I'm falling asleep over it.
Hello Howard:-
Well, I think I'll
finish this now or
you won't get it before
Sunday any more.
I tried to write some
more last nite but
it was impossible.
  How are you getting
along? Are you sick as
much as usual? I'm
fine only I've got a
couple of blue
marks from skating
Say, what's the bankers
name? I must ask dad

if he knows him.
Gee, he ought to
have a heart and
not tease you so
much. He must of been
young once himself, don't
you think so? Do you
ever blush when you get
teased? I would like
to see you blush once.
I blushed this noon. I
said something to Wilma
that didn't just sound
right and they thot
I was awful.
  Well so long & good
luck from Mark K.

Not really much here. Just a normal letter. I wonder what word the D stood for. I have a number of ideas what it stood for, how about you. but I'm almost sure the letter H stands for hell or maybe heck.
I wonder what she meant by a banker teasing  him.
I wonder how long it took before she saw Grandpa blush.
I wonder what she said that was so bad that she blushed.
Just faded history. never to be known again.

Here are a few random pictures to look at.

 No clue who, or where or even when it was taken.

Just another picture of an unknown woman and children.

No idea who this young man was.

Well that's about all I have for you today. I hope you stay safe until next time we meet.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment