Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mary Kauer: Jan. 27, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. Short but busy. My husband built a deck on the front of the house. It looks very good. The weather was not bad.
So here is the next letter from Mary:





Here is what it says. She also included a couple of jokes.

                     Rib Lake, Wis
                     Jan. 27, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  I got your letter Sat.
and of course was glad to
hear from you. But I didn't
tell mother anything
about you celebrating a
silver wedding. But Joseph
got ahold of your letter and
for a while I was scared
stiff that he'd read it. I
didn't have much time

to read it in the founoon
and when I went home in
the afternoon I took it along
to read it over. After Joe
gave it back to me he said,
"You see I love you quite a
lot anyway or I would have
read it." But what would
I have done if he'd read it?
I guess I'd never hear the end
of it anymore.
  Say, you wanted to know
what I thot about religion

Well, I don't think anything
at all about it. This idea
that people will do anything
for each other because they're
in love is all bunk. Then
why are there so many divorces?
I s'pose those people were in
 love too when they got
married. And they didn't have
religion to quarrel about either.
Agnes Schnieder came stayed
with us Sunday nite and she
and I walked to town in
the morning. Gee but I was
tired Monday eve. Tuesday

evening I went up to the
armory to the Farmer's Institute
Niggeman's school gave a
program. I was up again
this afternoon. There was a
fellow talked about raising
poultry. So now I think
I'll start a chicken farm.
He had the cutest little
model chicken house. It was
just about right size for a
doll house.
Well so long now, the
rest are all going to a party
so I'll have to quit.
                   Mary.

Over the first joke she wrote upside down ( I'd get married everyday for $10 )
Under the second joke she wrote ( he carries the babies with the other)

She sure does like to talk about marriage in different ways. It's like it's always on her mind. But she would not marry Grandpa because she was German and he was Swedish. She was Catholic and was Lutheran. I wonder who she did marry in the long run.
I would have loved have read what he wrote. he sounds like he was a very good writer to a number of different people.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.


Since she mentioned chickens I thought I would show you some chickens. No idea who the little boy is with them.

Just one of the many pictures that I have no idea who she is.


Since she talked about marriage I thought I'd show another unknown wedding picture. it was taken at Matthes in Appleton, Wis.


Well that's all I have for you this time. Drop by Friday for another letter and pictures.

Till next time.
your friend,
Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment