Friday, October 30, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 13, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
The end of the week is here, kind of. What do I mean? I have to work on Saturday an so does the husband. Oh well, what's a person to do. And Saturday of course is Halloween. Do you dress up for Halloween? I don't. I think it will be a nice quiet night for me.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:


As always, for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

                Rib Lake Wis
               Tuesday 7 P.M.
Hello Howard:-
   I'll see if I can say
hello and goodbye today.
Maybe I'll write one or
two sentences more.
Florence wants to write
to you, too, and maybe
you would rather get a
letter from her than
me.
  I had one letter all
written but I wrote it
with the baby in my lap
so it was all blotted and
she then she rumpled it
up yet so I'm writing an-

other one.
  Say, what do you think
Howard? I just got another
new dress. Mrs. B. gave it
to me for being such a
good girl. She says she
couldn't possibly get along
without me. That's some
compliment, isn't it? And
a dress is what I call a real
present. I think I'll stay
here the rest of my life
because no one else would
ever think so much of me,
at least I don't know any-
one that would, do you?
Well so long and good
luck and    ?   from Mary

I don't know about you but reading this letter she sounds to like she is hinting for Grandpa to get her a new dress, even though she was just given one from Mrs. B. for being a good helper. I wonder if he did get her one or maybe he just bought her a box of candy. Will this question be answered somewhere in a future letter or not? I guess you we will all just have to keep reading to see if any of our questions are ever answered.

I was looking through the scrape book and found something that might interest someone might be interested in weather. This is from February 24, 1936, it shows the record cold back then.

How does it compare to things now?
I like the way it predicts how the winter would be in 1986 and to compare it to the winter was in 1936.  It's a very interesting thing to read.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

Just a random picture of unknown people with no idea when it was taken.


No idea who this is, just sweeping her porch off.

This is Ronnie. Someones classmate or friend of the family.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy Halloween and don't O.D. on candy.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment