Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Mary Kauer: Aug. 17, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you are all well. I'm good. The weekend was very nice for me. The weather is still on the coolish side. But by the end of this week, we should be seeing 60's. I can't wait to put the winter coats away till the end of the year.
Oh well, here is the next letter from Mary:



As always, for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

      Rib Lake Wis
     Wed. 10 A.M.
Dear Howard:-
    I'm not mad,
I'm just lazy. I
was to Medford
last Sat. and I came
back Sunday, then
teacher & her sister
came home with
me. We had a
party here Sunday
eve. Monday they
went out to Lamberty
camp with Pete &
Kitty. They left yes-
terday morning. School
will start in three
weeks.
How are you? I hope

fine the same as I.
I helped John shock
some barley yesterday
but we didn't do any
more than if he had
been alone.
Today Mart and I are
going to make some
dresses for Rose & her
sister. Gee, I was in
hope that Rose would
get married this fall so
I could be her brides
maid but it looks as
tho postponed. Well
we are going to Amelin
Fuch's wedding so I will
see how people are
hooked up as Mary Saubet
said.

Say the fellow that
tipped pa's car over
last fall was over here
Sunday. He's a big
tall guy. They call him
Slim. Well, I think I had
better quit and get to
work or I'll get fired.
               Mary K.


I wonder how long Rose's wedding was postponed?
I wonder if she learned how people hooked up at weddings?
I wonder what Slims real name was?
I wonder how many dresses they made for Rose and her sister?
I wonder what she was doing in Medford?
So much wondering about things that have faded away.
I hope she had a good time at the party she had.

Enough wondering, here are two more cards about the Earthquake in 1906.

 4. True grit- Barber paining sign on tent stretched on sidewalk of former place.
 5. California St., looking toward the ferry depot- Banking District.


The things that pop in these pictures are of course the people and some of things that are closer. It's hard to believe that this happened almost 110 years ago the 18th of this month.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:
In this picture is some of the Johnson kids. At least I think so.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good day and I hope you will come back for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment