Friday, April 29, 2016

Anna Reicheul: Nov. 7, 1927 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well another week has gone by. My work week is a little shorter. I didn't have to work today, so I get a three day weekend.I just hope I'll be able to do a few things outside, we'll see.
Anyway here is the next letter from Anna Reicheul. I'm not a hundred percent sure I spelled her last name right, This is her first letter:




This one was a little harder to to make out in places, so I did the best I could for those that have a hard time reading it:

                      Westboro Wis.
                       Nov. 7, 1927
Dear Friend:
                 I suppose that
you think I'm a dandy for
not answering your letter
sooner, but you know I did
not promise to answer at all.
I received a letter from Helmen
a few days ago and I was
so surprised that my shoes
flew off and landed in my
pockets, and you can bet
that I had a pocket full
as I wear on less than num-
ber elevens.
Isn't it awful it had to go
and snow to-day as I don't
game to have it snow till

I pull out of this neck of the
woods, which will be some
time after Thanksgiving.
I believe that I saw you in
Westboro the night of the
community get-to-gather. You
was sitting way back wasn't
you? I don't know where you
disappeared after that. Though
of course I din't stay at all
after the program and you
can bet that I was terribly
peeved because I couldn't stay
for the dance, because dance
is my second name, well it
was time for little kids like
me to be sleeping anyway.
I don't think you saw me.
Say kid you're some sheik

you are, you said that you
was coming over to see me
some Sunday, but did not
happen see you whats
the matter are you scared
to come out here in the
sticks. Probably you were
out for all I know as I
haven't been home Sunday
for a dooms age. But last
Sunday I was home alone
all day but of course I had
plenty company some thing
like my self. You don't
happen to know Ester Okon
do you? Say kid she sure
is a scream she is coming
over to see me Sunday
so if you want to make a

hit with her you might
hop over, you certainly would
not regret meeting her like
you did me as she is ever
so much nicer. A good looking
blond with big dimples in her
cheeks.
Well I suppose I ought to
choke of on this bunk.
            Your friend,
            Anna Reicheul


Once again sorry if I spelled her last name wrong along with a couple of the other names.
For those of you who don't know where Westboro is, it's on the edge of Taylor county close to Price county. Where grandpa lived was just in Price county not to far from Westboro. I wonder how far out from Westboro she lived if she said she lived in the sticks. Westboro is not a very big place itself.
Right now I'm not sure how many more letters from her there will be.
Her humor is a little different. Talking about her size eleven shoes.Now those are big feet. Me I have tiny feet compared to most other people in my family. I wear a size 6.
It sounds like she liked to dance. Grandpa was not a dancer.
I wonder what the community get-to-gather was for.
I wonder if he ever met Ester and if he did what he thought of her.


Here are two more viewer cards from the earthquake of 1906.

 14. Looking northwest from corner Ellis and Powell Sts.

   15. Looking up Grant Ave. from Market St.

I've never been to San Francisco so I can't really compare what it looks like now but I'm sure you would not be able to tell that something like this ever happened there. it must have been a site to see while they were rebuilding the whole place. Maybe someday I will be able to see some of these places myself.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:


This is Joe Tozenshi. Someones classmate.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a great weekend and will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment