Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mary Mattingly; March 31, 1928 Willisburg Ky.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. For me the weekend was not to bad. Kind of on the hot side. But it was not to bad. There was a good breeze on Sunday and on Monday. On Monday sometime, a maple tree in the yard broke off. There is only one tall branch still there but it will have to be cut down . The tree was very rotten. it happened while I was at work and the husband was not home at the time. So we are not sure when or why it came down when it did.
Enough of that. This next letter is a little hard to figure out. I think it is from a Mary Mattingly from Willisburg Ky.Someone cut the post mark and stamp so I could not tell for sure if the information is right.

 I will do the best I can to write what it says so it makes sense.

                            March ib 31, 1928
Dear friend I received far non
thrul the friendship club while
I am a minbir I would in
for receiving letters from you
for description says you are
a farmer I live on a farm
on in you farm life I am
27 years of age have for cokeall
Dark hair on Brown eyes
I in joy receiving letters
I would be glad to meet
for I live in the mafarboard
of Willisburg Ky.
So I will close looking to
hear from you soon from
mary Mattingly to H Johnson
my adress is Mary Mattingly
Willisburg Ky.


I am sorry for not being able to make enough sense out of it. I will try to look up some of the words on the translator. There is a possibility that some of these words are Swedish. I don't know how many letters there are from her. Right now, I hope not to many.

Here are the next two card from the courtship and marriage set:

 19. The Bridegroom's Kiss.
 20. The Mother's Kiss.

It's official, they are married. Sealed by a kiss from the groom and then by her mother. I wonder if many use the kiss from the mother in their ceremony. I've never seen it before myself.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who this is or when it was taken.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I did my best to write what I thought the letter said.
I hope you will come back again soon for more Fading History.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment