Friday, June 17, 2016

Nellie Currier: Mar. 29, 1928 Manchester, N.H.

Dear Friends,
The weekend is here. I hope you had a week. Mine was on the quiet side. No drama. I hope the weekend will be a good one, again.
Here is the next letter from Nellie:




As always, for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

                     485 Lake Shore Rd
                    Manchester  
                                       N.H.
                           3/29/28.
Dear Howard:-
   I am answering a letter
to you which I received a
few days ago and just got
around to answer it. I sure
was glad to get your photo
but I am sorry to say
that I have no photo of
myself at present to send
you. You are not mad are
you. Cheer up I will

              -2-
have some soon to send
you. We are having some
peachie weather here now
in Manchester.
I saw two or three blue-
birds yesterday and our
fields are alive with robins
running and hoping around.
Well I can't seem to think
of any more of import-
ance to tell you in this
letter so I will put an
end to my brief letter.

Hoping to hear from you
soon I remain as a friend
                  From
              Nellie Currier,
             485 Lake Shore Rd.,
             Manchester,
                      N.H.
P.S. Howard how tall is
your other brother that
is 32 yrs. old? I have a
girl chum over here that
says she would like to

            -4-
correspond with him. Do you
think he would want to? This
chum of mine is 23 yrs. old
and has the same address
as I have because she is
living with me, and her
name is Hazel Higgins
she has been married but
has been divorced and has
a little boy 2 years old now.

Not to much here. The weather was nice in Manchester. The robins were all over the place.
I wonder if Thomas corresponded with Hazel? I guess that is something I'll never know.

Here are the next two viewer cards of the courtship and marriage set:

 17. Placing the Wedding Ring.
18. The Blessing.

The wedding continues........


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

I think Julia is on the end. But I'm not sure exactly which one is Grandma Weberg.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment