Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Unknown Swedish letter: April 5, 1928 Ogema, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend.The weather around here had it's ups and downs. It all depends on where you live. On Saturday there was one very close lightning strike that made me yell a little. We don't think it struck anything. I guess someone was trying to get my attention for some reason.
Anyway, here is the next letter. I do not know who it is from or even sure what it says, exactly. It is in Swedish. I did my best to try to translate it. I'm not going to type it up because a lot of the words I'm not 100% sure I got right. I will tell you that I'm pretty sure it is a chain letter for prosperity. If you know Swedish maybe you can figure it out better then I can.


Good luck trying to figure out the words. I hope you can do I better job then I did.I tried to use Google translator and a Swedish/English dictionary. Between the two things I did get a few words right.
I almost was not going to show it but then I thought someone might be up to the challenge of translating it.


Here are the last three cards for the courtship and marriage set:

 24. Married and Settled.
 A vision of the Future.
25. "I Just Knew It Would Be a Boy."

The marriage has begun. In the second one there are three children. Two girls and a boy.
The one in the last picture looks like she was one of the bridesmaids.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who this but, I do know it was taken during someones class trip somewhere.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a good week. It's suppose to be a very comfortable week around here. Just the way I like it.
I hope you will come back again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment