Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Edna and Edward Swanson: May 4, 1928 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was a little shorter and kind of busy. I worked on Saturday for 6 .25 hours then the husband and I went to a fair. I did a lot of walking. I was tired and on the crabby side on Sunday. But I got over it. The weather was good around here.
Anyway, here is a letter from Edward and Edna Swanson. They were originally from Grandpa's neighborhood.


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Chicago, Ill.
                   May 4, -28
Dear friend Howard
  I just got a letter
from home they told me
they gave you that dog
of mine. If I should
ever want it back
when I come home
sometime. I'm sorry
your dog died. Let me
know how you like
Boono. When you write
to you know how
you like her I am
working for a whole
sale packing house

just across the
street from Montgomery
Ward Co. It is inside
work.
        Your friend
         Edward Swanson
1903 Winnemac ave
      Chicago Ill.

Hello Howard:-
  How are you? I am
fine& hope you are the
same. When are you
coming to Chi? Don't
forget to come & see
us. If you were here
tonight we would take
you to a Swedish festival
Hurrah! for Sweden?
                   Edna

I think they are siblings. I'm sure I have shown you pictures of then at one time or another.
I wonder if Grandpa was able to keep the dog or if he had to give it back.
I wonder how often he was able to go to Chicago. People always seam to want him to come and visit them.
I wonder what kind of a whole sale packing company he worked for and how long did he work there?
More questions that will never get answered.

Here are the last two viewer cards from the Childhood Fun set:

 Count the Puppies.
Trying to be Good.

How many puppies do you count? I think there are ten puppies and two adults
I wonder how long that puppy stayed in the basket.


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

This is Arlene Winn a junior at PHS  the school year 57-58. I'm not sure who's classmate she was.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
Stay cool. And I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment