Friday, November 4, 2016

Helen Balusik: July 6, 1928 Evanston, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well another week gone. I hope your week was a good one. Mine was a little shorter but just fine. The weather has been on the warm side. I wonder if this is our Indian Summer, finally?
Anyway, here is another letter from Helen:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

             Evanston, Ill.
              July 6 - 28
Dear Howard:
  Well, how is the boy
any way? My, I sure
was pleased with
your letter & to
get it so soon.
Really, I am in a
very big hurry so I
won't be able to
write much of a in-
teresting letter but you
don't mind do you?
I have to do so many
things before I go
home I am going in
about two weeks or

maybe sooner then that.
I am planning on surprising
them at home, I didn't tell
them when I am coming
& they are so worried.
How did you spend the
4th- Tell me all about
it when I see you eh?
I had a fine time but
almost got wet but
escaped the storm before
it arrived so it sure
spoiled the evening because
it just poured.
So they had the fireworks
until last night. It sure
was grand to watch them
go off.
Well Howard, I must
run along now, I sure
will be glad when I'm
out of the city to get a
chance to write letters at
least & take time doing
it here it is continual
rush right along.
Won't be long now I

will be going through dear
old Wisconsin.
So please write yet before
I leave. I sure have
enjoyed getting your
letters all winter.
Well bye bye be good
boy. I'm glad you
go to the tent meetings.
Aren't the meetings great?
                Lovingly
                 Only Helen

Boy I think he must of wrote letters back sometimes as soon as he got them.
I was a little surprised that because it rained on the 4th that they shot them off a couple of days later. I don't know if they do that kind of thing now a days. I'm trying to remember if they ever did that here.
I wonder how many tent meeting Grandpa went to? I guess that's another thing that has already faded away.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Panama 1906" set:

 7. American Steam Shovel in Culebra Cut.
8. Culebra Street. Gold Hill in Distance.

These two picture show the work being done on the Panama Canal.
The second one shows some of the workers going off to work.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

Not sure when or where this is. Also not sure who is in the picture.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
Here's to having a very nice weekend.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment