Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Mabel Elmblade: July 18, 1928 Congress Park, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a very nice weekend. Mine was a little short, kind of. I also had Monday off. So I guess I still had a two day weekend. What did I do with my Monday, I did some baking. Corn bread and some cup cakes. I don't do this very often so I have to make it last.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange July 18 1928
Dearest Friend Howard
I received your loving
letter. I am fine-
We have warm-
weather. So your
Busy on the farm
say I'm going to
answer that nice
question of yours.
If you don't want
one why. don't you
let me know-
dearest. I sure would
like to see you-
dearest. I feel like
I know you well.

        2
I went to the beach
today. it sure is
cool and nice out
there. well dear I
am pretty busy at
the present time
will write more
later. So Bye Bye.
       dear. your
      Sweetheart
          Mabel
  xxxxxxx
  xxxxxxx
Write real
soon
Howard
dear    Come
             and visit
                  me
                 dear

I'm a little confused on the question she was answering. Maybe in the future it will be better explained.
The weather was nice and she she enjoyed the beach.
More later I guess.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "panama 1906" set:
Remember this is from 1906.....
 13. Row of American Steam Shovels Ready for Work, Empire, Panama.
  14. Negroes at Work Near Cristobal, Panama.

This is the beginning of the construction of the Panama canal.
Remember this is from 1906. So please do not get offended because of the wording in the second card. It was a different time. It is a part of history. Not a good part, but it still was common back then. Someday I hope that this word will be a word with nothing attached it. Just an old word that has faded away.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:


I think she was someones pen pal. I think this is from the sometime in the 60's.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment