Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Mary Mattingly: July 31, 1928 Willisburg, Ky.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good. It could have been better. I've been having an issue with vertigo.Still trying to figure out the exact cause. But I will get through it.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary Mattingly:


As always, for those who find it hard to read,(Mary's are a bit more of a challenge)  here is what it says:

             Willisberg Ky
               July 31, 1928
Dear Friend Howard
I am answering your letter several
days a go I guess you thought I wasn't
going to answer your letter but I have
been so busy I hadn't got to answer
I hope you won't get mad at me
I am keeping busy now have you
lots of busy and there well the
craps loads callers will hear from
I don't live on my farm I have it
rented and will I hope you are
having nice weather now. We are
having fine weather we need a
rain just now Note I will close
hoping to hear from you gone soon
                   answer

From Mary to Howard
With Best wishes to you

As always I did the best I could to figure out what she wrote. I know I got it wrong but at least I tried.
It made for an interesting write for me.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Panama 1906" set:

 21. Street Scene, Panama.
 22. Street Vendor, Colon, Panama.

Here is a more modern street view:
Image result for street scene in Panama

Here is a more to date picture of a street vendor in Colon:
Image result for  Colon, Panama street vendor


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who they are or when it was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment