Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Mabel Elmblade: July 27, 1928 Congress Park, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was O.K. The husband got a deer this weekend. A six point buck. So we have more then enough meat. We will be sharing it with someone else in the family. It is finally feeling like it is suppose to for this time of year around here. Temps are below freezing.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Granger July 24, 1928
Dearest Howard
I received your lovable letter
was more then glad to hear
from you. I sure am glad
I have a friend and a Swedish
one also like myself. We have nice
weather. Expect it's pretty out
there Isn't it. I will come out
but not for a while yet as
I'm staying home helping
mother dear. I have a real
nice mother. You sure will
have a nice mother-in-law
I sure would love to have
you meet here. She's a
Christian too. That means
a lot as I am also and
hope you are too. there's
nothing better then to have
a savior that we can
go to in our affairs. He's
been good to me. What
age did your mother die
at? Has she been dead
long. Well, Howard dear
I'm going to wash my

room. And iron so I'm
quite busy. I love to have
you come and see me
in the near future. Have
you a big farm or how
Have you a family Picture
of your mother and dad.
if you have an extra
send one one as I'm
very interested in you
Well dearest it seams good
to know that you are
Swedish. Because mother
likes the Swedish and
religious. I always say it
I'm suppose to be married.
I want a Swedish man
and one who goes to church
Well dear good Bye
    hope to hear from
      you real soon
        your
           loving Friend
                Mabel
All for you dearest
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Here is picture she included:
 July 1928

She really wanted a Swedish man in her life.
I wonder if Grandpa ever saw her in person or not.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Panama 1906" set:

 17. French Cranes, Pedro Miguel, Panama.
18. In cut at Bas Obispo, Panama.

I wonder if any of those kind of cranes exist today. I sure would like to see what they looked like when they were working.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who they are. They do like they were ready to go hunting for maybe a turkey or pheasant.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
Don'y for get to drop by again soon for more Fading History.
 Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment