Friday, December 16, 2016

Mabel Elmblade: Aug. 13, 1928 Congress Park, Ill.

Dearest Friends,
Another week gone and that much closer to the end of the year.
I don't know about where you live but things around here are very cold and now the snow is going to be piling up. Are you read for what's coming?
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange, August 10, 1928
Dearest Friend Howard
I will write and answer
your letter again. I sure
love to hear from you.
I feel I'm in love with
you. We have chilly
weather now. I am
kept Pretty Busy now as
mother needs me and
isn't well. Sure feel
sorry for her. she went
thro a lot. well god
has a reward for her.
I'm glad that we have
a kind loving father
in heaven. that we
can put our trust in
for everything. I've got
the blue and feel
bad today. maybe
you know what it
is to long for some
one. I know I do
and sure wish you
would come and
see me dearest as
I'm so lonesome

       2
for you. Love is sure
a wonderful thing. it
helps us in Life. I hope
in the future to come
out there if god willing
it's best to have gods
will done. and then
we feel good. God leads
our thoughts and heart
put in us to do the
right. everything works
out good for them that
love the Lord. I can't
live without god. I
love to read his word
and think of him as
a Personal savior my
sister died a christian
and there's nothing better
I was born in October
the 27th. Yes I'll return
that Picture after I
get it. I belong to the
seven day Adventist. But
that doesn't maybe
any difference  as long
as a Person is a christian.

         3.
Yes dad is well. he
cuts the grass and
does little errands-
I sure long to see you
Love. I'm in Love as
far as i know. and
get lonesome for you.
Say dear. get some
one to stay on your
farm while you come
out to see me can't
you dear? I'm waiting
for you to come-
write when you come
dearest. Will now close
with Love and kisses
  and a Longing
        for you
     So Bye Bye
       as ever
          Mabel
          answer real
            soon.
       send that
        picture
write me
a long
letter
xxxxxx
xxxxxx


 Boy she loves god and Grandpa.
She sounds like she could be very intense or maybe a little on the desperate side. I hope she found the one that would really make her happy.
The envelope was SWAK.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Jamaica 1907" set:

 7. Interior of the Governor's residence.
8. Sailors putting up tents on the Hospital Grounds.

I wonder if the Governor's residence was fixable and if so how long it took to get it done.
I wonder how many tents were put up and how long people had to stay in them.

Here is a random picture:

It's a winter scene from days gone by.
Just my way of saying, stay warm and safe this weekend.

Well that's about all I have to say today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment