Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Mabel Elmblade: Aug. 21, 1928 Congress Park, Ill.

Dearest Friends,
I hope you all had a safe warm weekend. I stayed close to home the whole weekend.
I'm trying to get things ready for the holiday's but, the mood is not there.
I did make a double batch of cutout cookies. I do have a few things bought. This is one of those years that it's really hard to get things for most people. I should get into making more things but not much energy when I have the time.
Oh well enough of my whining, here is the next letter from Mabel:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange. August 20- 1928
Dearest Love.
I will write you a few
lines so I now can answer
your dear letter. I got
that picture and am send-
ing it back dearest. Seen
to know just by writing
it sure seems stranger
We have nice weather
That's nice you have a
place of your own
I seem to feel good that
I have a sweetheart to
think of. and hope to
see you some day in
the near future. I think
Wisconsin must be a
very pretty place. My
Brother and Brother in law
went there on a fishing
trip. he loves to fish.
Do you. Mother and
sis went to church.
We have a nice place.
Have you ever been
to La Grange. well dear
I will close. with Love and
Kisses From Mabel
Your
sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Write.

Listen dear.
      I'm going to enlarge
          your picture

I wonder if she ever came to Wisconsin?
I wonder how big she enlarges his picture?
Not much to comment here.
She did S.W.A.K. on the back of the envelope.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Jamaica 1907" set:

 9. The destruction of the magnificent marble Postoffice.

10. The ruins of St. Michael's Church.

I was trying to find info about these buildings. Like if they were rebuilt but could not find the right info at this time. Maybe you can.


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

This is my dad and mom playing dress up. I don't remember what year this was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment