Friday, December 30, 2016

Harriet: Sept. 2, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well it's almost the end of another year. Where has the time gone? I just wonder what 2017 will bring? I'm hoping it will be a better year then the last one.But I get a feeling I'll be saying, "Hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride." But I'm trying to focus on the good things that will happen.
I don't do New Year promises. I like to say I'm a constant work in progress. Change little things little by little and eventually the bigger things will not seam so big.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                 Chicago Ill.
                 Thurs. evening
Dearest Howard.
Received your dear
letter and it certainly
cheered me up to hear
from you.
well what's the
news around Ogema
So and so eh:
What are you
doing for excitement
anyway. I'm not
doing much of anything
- anything to keep

out of mischief- ha!
Well I went out with Walter
Tuesday night. He sure is a
nice kid. He brought his
hay friend along for Margret
And we all took in a show.
Well where are you going
(Labor Day) I don't know just
where I am going.
August Erdman & Walter even
are coming down for Labor Day.
I went to a party last Sunday
night at Clarence's house. Sure
had a wonderful time.
You should of been along.
and (how) eh!
So Clarence has a car now eh!
Seeing he has the car has he
picked his chicken yet. -ha!
So Catherine sill going with
Johnny. Maybe we will soon
hear of their wedding, or
are you the next on the program.

Or are you going to wait for
me. honey- No kidding eh!
Well Howard haven't any more
news in particular will try and
write more next time. Will send some
more jokes as I heard loads of
them.
Will close with "heaps of Love & kisses"
                     Harriet
Answer
at
Once              SWAK


Well she finally got together with Walter. I wonder how many more times they will hang out together?
I kind of like reading her letters. She sounds like a very nice person.
I hope she does send more jokes. I like her jokes. How about you?

Well here are the next two viewer cards from the "Jamaica 1907" set:

 15. Hospital tent and interior, showing cots, etc.
16. The scenes in the Kingston Hospital.

I wonder how long people had to use those tents or stay in the hospital.

It's been awhile since I showed you something form the scrap book.


I scanned it the best I could. I hope you can read it. I like the head line: "Wolf Is Tamed By Isolated Coastguard Crew".

I thought instead of ending this post with a random picture I'd show you another page from the joke book. A kind of the end of the year gift.
Enjoy.
I hope you like these jokes.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. The next time you will hear from me it will be 2017.
So I hope you will come again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment