Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Edna: April 22, 1932 Chicago, Ill. & A Birthday card

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I know I did. It's always nice hanging out with family you don't get to see very often.
Anyway, I've got two things to share with you.
The first was postmarked April 8, 1932.


Grandpa's birthday was April 10th.he was 32 years old this year.

Here is a letter from Edna:

Since it is typed, I'm not retyping it.

It sounds like she has been a very busy girl.
Grandpa sounds like he was feeling ignored on purpose.
I hope he got the message back then. It wasn't him, it was her lack of free time and not wanting to write more after writing all day at work. I don't blame her.

Here is picture from the scrap book. 1936:

With the hockey matches for the Stanley cup approaching, we find the each Dionne quintuplet has adopted a team. They're apparently in the penalty box here for breaking some rule and are (left to right) Cecile (Detroit Red Wing), Marie (Buffalo Bison), Yvonne (Toronto Maple Leaf), Emilie (Chicago Black Hawk) and Annette of the Montreal Les Canadiens.-World Copyright, 1936 N.E.A. Service, Inc.

I know it's been awhile since I showed the girls. But here they are being little hockey players. I wonder who's idea it was to put them in these shirts?

Here are few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:



To all my show biz friends, enjoy!

Finally a random picture:

Taken during someones class trip.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
Remember, stay warm. Below zero, not fun.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment