Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Ann: Mar. 25, 1933; Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine, I worked on Sat., then visited our granddaughter for a while. Sunday we went grocery shopping but spent the rest of it chilling at home. Now this week is going to be a challenging one. The husband is having his surgery so my week will not be a very calm one. I'll keep you posted on how every thing goes later.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Ann. The post mark says March but the letter itself says Jan. So I don't know if it was put in the wrong envelope or if she wrote the wrong date.


As always, for those of you that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                         Jan,   1933
                         Gary, Ind.
Dear Howard;
      I received your most welcome
letter and was glad to hear from you. How are
you? and everything? I'm alright but I worry
a little because I'm not working yet, anyway I
wouldn't mind being out there, when you work
you, work for yourself, and hear you got to work
for someone elese else, to make a living. and
to tell you the truth, your better off, out there
well Howard I hope your enjoying life and
having all the fun, you really can have.
I think some thing will happen to me
I've been having strange dreams lately,
such as having a lion chase me or seeing
snakes crawl, I wonder what they mean
I don't think its good, to dream of such.
anyway to get back to my writing, your
going to a lot of parties and swell places,
I wish I were you? I'm staying home
mostly, my sister is working out of town
and comes home once in two weeks and
then goes right back so, I haven't got time
to go to a party or dance. because I hate
to go myself, there are boys but most of
them don't know how to treat a girl so,

my mother & Dad won't allow me to
go out much. ain't that awful? and
now that my sister has found the
right man she's doesn't think much
about me, she goes to dances with
him, he has a car, and I stay home
go to bed early, some day it will be
different things will change, I hope so
Gee I wish I could be my own
boss, like you! do as you please
go where you like, that's swell
Please Howard send me a picture
or more I'll send some of mine
but you'll haven't send some first
now I'll close. wishing this letter
find you well and happy
To the kind little boy I know
                     Yours forever
                        Ann
P.S. answer soon and don't forget about
the pictures all with kindness love to
all that are good to me    "Ann"

She sounds sad. She wants to be free. She feels trapped. I do hope she was able to find a way out of her kind of depression. At least that's what it sounds like to me. Her dreams tell me she feels very afraid of the direction her life was going in. That and the fact her sister found her man. I do hope she was able to get out there and find her forever after.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

June 1943
5 cents

This little boy kind of looks like my dad. I wonder if that's why it was kept.

Here is a joke for the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

I wonder what she wanted from him.


Finally a random picture:

(written on the back)
Kenneth & Jim Beaumont
marching back to be
congradulated
    May 1960

Kenneth, is who I always call, Uncle Kenny.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment