Friday, March 2, 2018

Estella Oros: Dec. 14, 1932 Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the end of yet another week. The weather is finally getting warmer. I hope the trend continues. My weekend will once again be a short one again. I have to work Saturday, again. It's not looking good for two day weekends for awhile. Who is eating all that cheese?
Anyway, enough whining, here is the next letter from Estella:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                          Dec. 13, 1932
                          Gary Ind.
Dearest Howard:-
         Forgive me for not
answering your letter soon.
because I was in Chicago
I'm feeling fine and I hope
you are to. How is the weather
out there the weather is very
cold out here we girls & boys
have a lot of fun in the snow
we go out sled riding gee we
have a great time I wish that
you wear out here to. That piece
of deer meat you are saving for
me send it because I don't
think I will never get it (Ho Ho)
Are you still waiting for me
I ask you because I don't thing
I can go out there unless you
give me the job you promised
me. My Aunt is mad at me so
I would know were to go unless
you get me a joy me Aunt
mad at me because I would
not go out there that what

she said I would of gone
out there but cousin Ann
didn't want to go.
You said in the let letter
that Ann was mad you because
you writing to me don't thing
that because she is not mad.
She has a lot of work to do
at home because Xmas is here.
I hope that you people have
a nice Xmas out there.
Ann is not working yet.
My sister is young then me
She is 16 year old  My girl friend
Irene wrote to William Westburg
ge Honey I have now big picture of
myself now but I will get one and send it to you
          honey please send me one
of your picture (please). How station
E.J.O. is signing off till the
next letter hoping to here
from you.
                      With Love & Kisses
                      Estella
                    xxxxxxxxxx
ex. wr. pl.

I did the best I could because the pencil is very light. I did include most of the words that were spelled wrong just because. It made it a bit more challenging.
I'm not sure if she was trying to get a job or just out of the house.
I do wonder if she ever got the piece of deer meat.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Teresa Hawkins, 18, lost her
power to walk two months ago in a
300 hour siege of uncontrolable
laughter. Yesterday she took a few
steps in hospital at Weston, W. Va.

I wonder hit her funny bone so hard that she could not stop laughing.

Here is a joke for the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:

Would you do that for your neighbor?

Finally a random picture:

Written on the back:
"Hauling logs at Mackey Spur".

No idea what year this was taken.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment