Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Estella Oros: Dec. 23 1932; Ann Dec. 27, 1932 Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was short but it was drama free. The weather is not exactly what I like. More snow. Maybe I just have to throw my hands up and just say Uncle.
Anyway, here are two Christmas cards and a letter from Estella and Ann from Gary Ind.:


I very nice Christmas card. I wish they were still used today but they aren't.

Now from Ann:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                     Dec.    1932
                     Gary Ind.
Dear Howard:
      I'm sorry I haven't answered
your letter the way I should have, but any way
as long as you will write, to me I will to
when you stop, well of course I must then
also, untill then I will always write soon
or late.
By the way where are you going to spend
your Xmas this year? I'm just sitting at
home, most of the times. Now talk about
getting Xmas presents, I don't think I'll get
any, will you? You know since I ain't
been working I can't have money to spend,
like I use to, so thats why I stay at
home most. where do you keep yourself?
don't you go much around? I bet you have
the swellest times all over there. Estel told
me you had written to her and that you
wanted to know why I didn't write soon,
you know how it is I plan to write and
then something else comes up but anyway
I'll not stop till you do

she said maybe because you write to her
that I get sore, oh no I don't get
sore or jealous of anybody, I love to
have you write to her and me also,
well Howard I don't really know what
to do anymore staying at home not
working can't have any nice clothes
like some girls have or any spending
money, what would you do in my case
Howard? Write me a lot to comfort
me, maybe it will make me happy
don't forget to send me a XMAS card
for Christmas I'm sending you one
write me a lot Please send me a
few pictures of you and your friends
and and give me some more addresses
of your boy friend so I could write
to them, I love to write to strangers
and they should send their pictures I'll
send mine also it will make me
feel better I get a kick out of it
now I'll close
(Written along the side)
To the most Wonderful boy I know
Estel say hello Your True Friend Ann.

This is the Xmas card she included:


Another very nice Christmas card.

Well, Ann's letter makes her sound very lonely. I hope she was able to find a job and get some money for the things she needed. I also hope she was able to find some very nice to her and wrote to her often.
The 1930's was not an easy time for many.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Mr. and Mrs. Henry Mullins are
shown here after they were mar-
ried recently by a Springfield
(Mo.) justice or the peace. Mullins
is 7 feet 9 inches tall and Mrs.
Mullins is 5 feet 3 inches. Mullins
weighs 287 pounds and is from At-
lanta, Ga., Mrs. Mullins from Chi-
cago, is the former Anita Sbertoli.
Both are dancers in vaudeville.

Now I know what I would look like next to someone that is 7 feet 9 inches tall. I'm 5 feet 2 1/2 inches tall. They look very happy.

Now here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

Darn, no cat swinging. What I bummer.

Finally a random picture:

No idea where this was taken but it says it was developed June 1964.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment