Friday, March 30, 2018

Ann: June 6, 1933; Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine included, the husband having surgery, which went very well. The weather could have been a little warmer. Spring is trying to spring but winter still has a grip on things around here. If I could I would tell Winter "Just let it go, Please. You come back the middle of November". But I don't think it wants to listen, yet.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Ann:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                            June
                             1933
                             Gary Ind.
Dear Howard;
                I got your most welcome letter
was very glad to hear from you how are you?
I hope fine, I'm very sorry I couldn't write
sooner, I was working house work and they
Lady I took care of was sick she didn't eat
much and 2 weeks ago she died, as I felt bad
because I work 4 months there and was so
used to her anyway, you know I could be
busy not going home, but once and week,
and being with her, I didn't have much time
tell me what are you doing now there
have you been out enjoying yourself much?
Are you going yo the Worlds Fair, this June
or September? I wish you would, I know
I'll be there, I'm near it and won't miss it.
have you missed me much? I wonder, I wish I
were there, I haven't a chance to get there
no how. I wish i could find a way there.
have you heard from Helen Westberg or
Wm. She hasn't answered my last letter
when you see her tell her to answer
my letter, Gee I have been to a few
dances and movies lately but I'd much
rather be out in Wisconsin having

fun, tell me all about yourself what sort
of a fellow are you? and what sort of a
girl can you like or fall in love with
must she be good looking or just plain
clean and wise or inocent and domb?
if you were ever married how would you
treat you wife? how would you want
her to be? Please write me a whole
lot about yourself and about the girl
you would marry some day I love to
get interesting long letters to read so
you know my weakness, I'll be writing
more often after this I'm not working
just staying home and Howard Please
send me a picture of yourself and of
your friends girls and boys both I love
to have my book full of snaps and all
kinds of pictures I'm sending a few small
pictures of my cousin, here she is with a girl
friend she's on the left and alone on the next
one here's one of my alone, answer soon
                 Your Pal forever
               all the luck in the world
                Howard        
                    "Ann"

Here are the pictures that were with this letter:

The top one is of her.
But I'm not sure if this was the right picture of her cousin because there is only one girl in the picture.

It looks like she was able to have a job for awhile since the last letter. To bad it didn't last longer.
I'm not sure if Grandpa went to this Worlds Fair or not. I did have some things from a Worlds Fair but I'm not sure if it was the same one.
I do wonder how Grandpa answered her questions about what he was looking for in a wife. Now that is one letter I would have loved to have read.
I did leave some of the miss spelling in just because of how wrote some of the words. Like "innocent and dumb" being misspelled.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Though old Mrs. Swanny,
Who lives in the Shoe,
Has babies galore--
She knows just what to do!

She bathes 'em with Swan,
From their heads to their heels,
The soap that is purer
Than finest castiles!

Now we know the name or the old lady in the shoe, finally!

Here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

I bet that's one little boy that will never what a bee again.

Since there were a couple of pictures included with the letter I decided not to pick a random picture.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a very enjoyable Easter weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment