Friday, May 1, 2015

Christmas Cards, 1925

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was nice. The weather was warm and I was able to take the dog for a walk everyday. Which she enjoys very much and looks forward to going.There is no getting out of it when the sun is shinning, she won't let me.
Enough of that. Here are five Christmas cards that Grandpa saved from 1925. I decided to show you them all at once because there were no letters included in any of them.


Walter F. Walin
wishes you
a very Merry Christmas and happiness
in the Coming Year
(Post mark Chicago, Ill.)


May Christmas pleasures be so true
And bring such happiness to you,
They will leave, when they depart
happy keepsakes in your heart.
(This is from R. Gustafson. Post mark Duluth, Minn.)

This one is from Emma. Post mark Duluth, Minn.

At Christmas allow me to wish you
Happiness in every way,
Sunny good Cheer throughout the Year
And joys that linger and stay
( This one is from Milwaukee.The last name is Barry.)

I'm not sure who this one is from. It was from Ogema.

All these cards were post marked around the 21st or 22nd of December, that's way I decided to show you them all at once. They are on thicker kind of paper almost cardboardish. I like them because they are simple and just a way of saying Merry Christmas.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

I was told at one time that the little boy might be Grandpa and the other two are his brothers. It was taken by O.L. Thornbladh, near city hall in ironwood, Mich.

Not sure who these people are.

This is a picture of the milk house and a cart. I have that cart in my yard. I'll have to take a picture of it sometime and show you.

Well that's about all I have for you today. Except I will tell you that Saturday my Dad, Clement, will be honored by the city with a Lifetime Achievement award.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment