Friday, August 14, 2015

Julia: May 5, 1928 Lake Forest, Ill.

Hello Friends,
How was your week? Mine was the same old same old. No drama. Nothing note worthy.

Here is a postcard from Julia. I think she was a cousin.

The postcard is from Lake Forest, Ill
Here is what it says:

               Lake Forest, Ill.
               May 5, 1926
   Just a line-
   Back at work
again as usual-
We're beginning to think
summer has come here
too, alto it's been so
very cold. How about
Ogema? greet there all- Julia
(Written on the side)
Opposite side is the
country road that we
travel out here. 2 miles.

Nothing long just a quick note. I'm not sure how many letters will appear from Julia right now.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

Someones classmate. It says, "Beatie" on the back. I think it might have been a nick name or short for Beatrice.

An old post card from Ogema.

 No idea who this is.
This is what the back looks like. There is a possibility it might be from 1879. I might have to study the symbols on the back more to figure out what the stand for. there is a possibility it might be from Sweden.

Well that's about all I have for you today. Not to long. But I'm sure the next one will be longer.
So, have a good weekend and I hope to see you soon.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment