Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mary Kauer: April 25, 1926 Rib lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. With the full moon(Blue Moon), nature was a little more wild this weekend. On Friday night the deer were having a high energy time. A mom and her baby were kicking up their heels. the a buck came in to join them. the buck and the fawn played for awhile while the mom ran away. I guess she needed a little time away from her baby and got lucky and found a sitter while she had some time to herself.
Enough of that. Here is the next letter from Mary:




  As always in case you find it hard to read here is what I see:

               Rib Lake Wis
              April 25, 1926
Dear Howard:-
      Well, since you are
expecting a letter I s'pose
I'll have to write one.
I feel so darned blue
and mad at everything
that it will probably be
a grouchy one but it
will be a letter anyway.
I was going to mail
this tonite but its 9.30
already so I guess I can't
I went to church but
that didn't make me
feel much better. That
fellow that was with
Bert Wad was there, too.

He sat right ahead of me.
This afternoon I had my-
self all rigged up to go
roller skating and then
there was none. Gee, was
I mad. Then I went out for
a walk with a kid from
town. We went to the tourist
park and back home got
some ice cream at Hurt gen
then bummed some more
and went home again.
  I just got thru lunching
now so if I die tonite I
won't have to go snooping
in the angles pantry.
You see, I eat 3 meals a
day and twice between
meals. So I'd be awfully

expensive to feed. I just
thot I'd warn you.
Monday afternoon:-
Well, I guess I'll start
now where I left off last
nite. I fell asleep over it
again and my foot
went to sleep too When
I got up I couldn't stand
on it. I just went over as
tho I was drunk. I
twisted my ankle by it
but it's alright now.
I got your letter this
morning. Say that was
some letter A.R. wrote.
it's a good thing for you
that your cousin lives

so far away so she can't
tease you. I wonder if
you could write a letter
that would make Anna
blush. I guess it would
have to be a pretty
bad one.
Say, what did Otto say
when you asked him to
mail a letter for you?
I bet he's glad that he
doesn't have to waste
so much time and
stationary on a girl.
I guess I'll have to quit
now as my pencil is getting
quite dull and I'm too
tired? to sharpen it.
                 Love from M.K.

I wonder exactly why Mary was feeling so blue. I hope she felt better soon. I'm a little surprised  that he told her about what Anna said about them. I wonder if Anna was as bad as she makes her sound. Not really a whole lot here to comment on. Just that she was in a bad mood.

Well here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

I do not know who this is. The picture is on the small side.

No idea who this is. it looks like it is her conformation. I do wonder if it is possible that this is Grandma.

Just another picture of an unknown person.

Well that's about all I have for you today. Except one more thing. When you go for a walk always have a camera with you. Yesterday I wished I had one when I took the dog for a walk. A bear cub crossed the road in front of us. There was a mamma and another cub that did not cross. I played it smart and waited for the cub to cross back to join the mamma again. One thing you must remember: Never come between a mamma bear and her cub!
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment