Friday, August 28, 2015

Mary Kauer: June, 10, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
The weekend is finally upon us. I'm so looking forward to the weekend. It's suppose to be a good one around here. The start of a warm week.
Here is the next letter from Mary.



Well for those of you find this hard to read here is what it says:

                     Rib Lake, Wis.
                     June 10, 1926
Hello Howard:-
  I got your letter this
forenoon and now I'll
be real good and answer
right away.
  Mary Schneider was
just here now and
she's the same chatter-
box she always was. It's
good to see her back ,
tho. She looks better
now than she did before
she went. She says she
lost 5 pounds but that
didn't hurt her any.
  I'm sewing a dress

for my mother so I won't
write such a long letter.
I'll talk so much more
Sat. nite and make up
for it. That will be all
right, won't it?
  Gee, you were lucky if
no one heard you come
home Wed. morning. I was
so darned tired when I got
up that I hated to move.
It's the last time I'll
ever stay out later than
12 o'clock and if you ever
stay longer you can't come
any more. If I don't go
when it's time then you
should tell me to get

out and be quick about it.
Are a good plan would be
for each of us to bring
an alarm clock, one that
rings real loud and set
it for 12.
   Well I must quit if
I intend to do any
sewing yet.
        Good luck from
              M.K.

Just a usual average letter. I wonder what kind of thing that Mary Schneider talked about? I wonder when they stayed out so late, where did they hang out. Or did they go parking? Oh, to be young.

Well here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

Just a picture that looks like it came from about that time period. No clue who is in the picture.

This is someone named Alice. Someones classmate.

Believe it or not but this one has a name on the back.   Mrs. F. H. Harheine. No idea who she was.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you come back again for another peek into history that has almost faded away.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment