Friday, August 21, 2015

Mary Kauer: June 1, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Around here it was on the wet side. One person I work with made a comment wishing we could send some of this rain west. I'm sure no one out there would turn that down.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary.

She must have found a different kind of paper to write on. Here is what it says if you find it kind of hard to read:

                                   Rib Lake, Wis June 1st 1926

Hello Howard:-
       Well, I'm home now but didn't do very
much work yet. Margret & Pete are both sick in
bed so its kind of quiet here. I was to show
last nite and gee, it was good. They are going to be
here all week. Rose & I went with her two brothers.
  Say Howard, I don't know whether you can come
Sunday as I would like to go to Tomahawk. I forgot
to tell you that Sunday. A girl I used to work
with is teaching school there. She is a nun now.
I think that's what I ought to be, don't you
think so, too?
   I spose you're not working today as it's raining
again. Or doesn't it rain so much in Ogema.
maybe the Swedes are all so hot headed that the
rain dries up before it has a chance to come
down. Well, I guess I better quit writing as the
mail carrier will soon be around.
  Say, I tried to remember most of the jokes
that I heard at the show last nite so tell them
to you when I see you, they're too long to write.
                                      With Love Mary

 Not to much here. I wonder how long Margret and Pete were sick.
I wonder if Grandpa took her to Tomahawk? I wonder if she saw her friend who became a nun?
Another swipe at the Swedes. They can be hot headed but also very stubborn.
I wish she could have written at least one of the jokes so we could maybe laugh too.
I thought I would show one from the joke book.

"Ah Prime Minister. I haven't seen you since the last cabinet crisis!"

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at at.

No idea who any of the people are in this picture.

I'm not completely sure who this is. Dad is that you?

This is Dads cousin Rosella. From Grandma's side of the family. I don't know how old she was here.
I just learned yesterday that she was in a car accident. She got broadsided. As far as I know she has some broken bones. Let's all hope for a good recovery for her. Get well soon Rosella.

Well that's all I have to show you today. I hope you have a good weekend. I just hope we do not get much more rain. If I could I would set up a funnel that would send it out west where they really need it.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment