Friday, September 11, 2015

Mary Kauer: July 1, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
The week is finally almost over. Why do I say almost? I still have to work on Saturday. I knew it was going to happen because it always happen the Sat. after Labor Day.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary, it's only a page and a half long this time.


As always for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

              Rib Lake Wis
            Thursday Morning
Dear Howard:-
     I got one of your letters
yesterday and one the day
before. That's the way to
get letters, isn't it?
  I haven't time to write
so very much as the mail
carrier will soon be here.
  You asked me where I
wanted to go. Well, I don't
    know where they will
celebrate except at Marshfield
Joseph came home yesterday
and he said there would
be a big celebration there
the 5th. I s'pose  we'd

have to start out in the
morning, wouldn't we?
  I saw Ed & Otto in town
Tuesday evening, I had
gone in with Schneider's.
Ed said he was going to
lay under a tree and go
to sleep all day.
   well so long & good luck
            Love Mary
P.S. Let me know at what
time you will come, Ya?

Not a whole lot here. Just talking about celebrating the 4th of July. I wonder where they went? It sounds like Marshfield was where the biggest celebration happening back then.
Marshfield is south of here just 30 some miles away from where I live. In the 1920's the population was over 7 thousand. Today the population is over over 19,000.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No clue who is in this picture. But I thought an outdoor picture would be nice.

No idea who this is. But just another outdoor kind of picture.

Just another summer looking picture. I wounder who took this picture.

Well that's all I have to show you today.
I hope you drop by again real soon.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment