Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Mary Kauer: June 15, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. I know I did. I'll tell you about that some other time.
So here is the next letter from Mary:



For those of you that find it hard to read here is what it says:

                     Rib Lake Wis
                     June, 15, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   I got your letter
yesterday morning and
of course I was glad to
get it. I would have
answered yesterday but
Mr. Hipke went to the
hospital and Mrs. H. went
went with him. I didn't
know whether she'd be
back today or not but
she came back this
noon so now I'll go home
tomorrow sometime. I
want to go to Medford
in the afternoon. I think

I'll stay home till Sunday
Gee but I was tired yest-
erday. It was about 2 o'clock
Sunday nite when I got home
from the party at Schneider's
and I had to work pretty
hard yesterday so I was
glad when it was bedtime
(Dad & my brother took me
home Sunday)
  How are you getting
along? I Don't work too
hard. That might make
you crabby. So Ed looked
awfully lonesome, too.
Well, I always thot it
was only the girls that
got lovesick but I've

noticed that boys get it worse
then girls. I never saw a
girl sit at the table with
her fork halfway to her
mouth.
  Say, I came almost going
out to the coast with Anton
Kauer. I'll tell you about
it when I see you. Gee, but
wouldn't that have been fun.
  It's time to git supper
now so goodbye & good luck
                  from
                  M. Kauer

I wonder why Mr. Hipke had to go to the hospital and how long he was there?
I wonder what kind of party they had at Schneider's that ran so late?
Poor, poor Ed. It sounds like he has it real bad. He must have been a site to see. I can see Mary giving him a very hard time about it.
I hope I read it right about her almost going to the coast with Anton. I wonder which coast she was talking about? More history that has forever faded away.

Here are few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who is in this picture or even what year it was taken but, it looks like a party of some kind to me.


Looks like a couple from about the right time period. Maybe it's Ed and his girl. But I doubt it.

 Just another picture of another couple that looks like they could have very much in love, maybe.

Well that's all I have to show you today. I hope you can come back again for more fading history.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment