Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mary Kauer: June 27, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. A little on the hot side, a little on the wet side, but it was good.
Well here is the next letter from Mary.




For those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

                    Rib Lake Wis
                    June 27, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   I got your letter
Friday fornoon but I
couldn't answer yesterday
because we had quite
a lot of work and in
the evening we went to
town.
  I wish I was coming
to Tulins today its such
dandy weather. But I
couldn't come anyway.
Grandma is still in
bed and Pa & Ma & John &
Pete went to Merrill this
noon so Margaret & I are

home alone. Margaret told
me I didn't dare go away
again today because she
didn't want to stay here
alone.
  Rosie's mother is com-
ing over for awhile  this
afternoon and we are going
swimming out to Wood
Lake. Rosie & her sisters & her
two brothers & Mart and I.
  I got a card from
Anton Kauer yesterday. He
is in Bismark, N. Dakota
already. That's where I'd
like to be too, now. And
then go to Oregon and down
along the coast to Mexico

thru Texas & Colorado and
then north till we came home
again. Gee, wouldn't that be
fun? Then when I'd get old
I'd have stories to tell by
the yard.
  Did you have a good
time at the picnic Thursday
evening? The weather was
quite nice that evening.
Have you made any plans
for the 4th or aren't you
coming? Didn't st some of
the girls at the picnic
vamp you?
 You ought to hear all
the plans that Margaret &
I are making. They are all

dandy but I guess they will
never be so. But it is a
lot of fun to make plans.
There will be a party at
Kauer's tonite. I hope we
have a good time, then I feel
more like working the rest
of the week.
I don't know any more
news so I guess it will
have to be goodbye for
this time.
          Love from M.K.

Oh to be young and to make big plans that you know could never happen. It doesn't matter what time you live or lived in when your young, making big plans are always fun.
I wonder how Anton's trip was.
I think her plan to take that trip would be a great adventure. I wonder if she was ever able to travel like she wanted to. I hope she did.
I hope they all had a good time swimming at Wood lake.
I wonder what kind of picnic Grandpa went to? And did the girls vamp him?
History that has faded away.


Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.


These two I think were taken on someone's senior class trip.

On the back of this one is, " Here is a picture of my mother, Patsy and me at the painted desert."
Not sure who they are. Do you?

Well that's about all I have for you today. I hope you will drop by again soon for more Faded History.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment