Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mary Kauer: July 13, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was shorter then I would have wanted it to be thanks to having to work on Saturday. I did find out that the outdoor entertainment has not totally disappeared.I have seen a few deer hanging around but they are not around till it's almost dark out. With hunting season here they willl be more and more scarce to see.
Enough about that, here is the next letter from Mary. It's only one small page.

For those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

              Rib Lake, Wis
              Monday Eve
Hello Howard:-
   I just wanted to
tell you that I'm at
Bogumull's for this week.
So you don't have to
go way out home Wed.
  The girl they had
here fell down stairs
and hurt her back so
I'm helping out now, but
I'm going back home
Sat. nite.
  I don't know any news
right now so I'll close
with good luck Mary.

Short and sweet. I hope the girl that fell down the stairs did get hurt to bad.

Since this is a short letter I thought I would show you something else I found in the old things.


It comes from a little booklet type thing. It might be German. At least when I put a few words into the translator it detect German. Maybe someone out there can translate it.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

Just one of many portraits with no name of date.

 Another unknown little girl. No idea when this was taken.

Me, when I was 10 years old. Sorry. It was in the bunch of pictures so I thought it was time to get it out of the way.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you can come back soon for another look at faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment