Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Mary Kauer: Aug. 26, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was nice. The weather was just right. It was more than likely the last warm weekend we will have here for year. I was not involved in any dramas, just the way I like it.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary.



As always if you find it hard to read here is what it says:

                Rib lake, Wis
Dear Howard:-
  Well, for once I'll
keep my promise and
write again. How do you
feel today. Gee I hope
you don't feel blue because
I hate to think it's my
fault if you're not happy.
Why aren't you like Ed,
then you would have for-
gotten me long ago and

be having a good time
with someone else.
Mrs. Hipke said I could
go any time Sunday but
gee I feel ashamed to go.
What in the will your
sister-in-law think of me.
Not very much i suppose
after the way I treat
you.
  If you go Sunday I can
be ready about 9-15 or so
and if you come Sat. nite

don't come before about
8.30 as I'm going to
church first.
  Say, I can't write any
more as my eyse eyes
are falling shut. I s'pose
you can see that by my
writing.
   Love from Mary
P.S. I'd like to write a
longer letter but I'm so
sleepy I can't think

I don't know about you but there is one message I get from this letter. I think she is giving him hints that maybe he should move on to some else. But for some reason he was trying his best to hold onto her. I guess maybe he thought he could wear her down till she finally agreed to become his one and only. But she is holding fast to her beliefs. I think she was a very strong person.I wonder whatever happened to her. Will I ever find her family and get an answer to that question?

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.


This is a picture of Grandpa's brother Alfred and his wife Selma. I wonder what she did think of Mary.

The name Lois is written on the back. This is Alfred's and Selma's daughter. I'm not sure who the little ones are.

No idea who this couple is or when it was taken.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you will come back again soon for another look at history that has faded away.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment