Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mary Kauer: June 3, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope this finds you in a very good way. I know that sounds weird. In other words, I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was uneventful. The weather here is starting to get warm. This week in suppose to be in the high 40's to 50's close if not over 60 degrees. Spring is just around the corner.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary.


 As always, for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

                        June 3, 1927
Dear Howard:-
   I should by rights send
only a card but I have
none so I'll have to write a
letter. That fellow on the
card that you sent is some-
thing like you I think. How
about it? The poor fellow is
so lonesome and if he just
turned around he'd have
more than an armfull.
 Well, I'm glad you got home
alright. I did too. But I was
so darned tired the next day,
same as always so I went to
bed at 8 o'clock. Last nite Agnes
and Emma Heisler and I went

to the Armory. They had com-
mencement last nite. There were
twenty three graduates.
  How is the poor dear? Is
he mad or tired or is he all
O.K.? I hope so.
  Is Luella home yet or did
she go back to Minneapolis. You
know I'm worried as long as she
is at home. haw haw
I smell the macaroni boiling
so I've got to quit writing a little
while and get dinner.
  I had my dinner now so I feel
better but I can't think of any-
thing to write. I guess the only
time I can think is when I'm hungry
Oh, yes there was a wedding here
yesterday. Elsie Wulfe's brother got
married. They had their car all
decorated and were going up and down
the street with a big sign on "Just
Married"   I want to go to the barber shop
                So long Mary before the baby comes.

I wonder what kind of card he sent her? I wonder if I have something like it somewhere.
It sounds like they were still hanging out together.
It must have been graduation time. I wonder if the size of the class was about average at that time.
It almost sounds like she didn't like Luella. Or maybe she was just being snarky.
Other wise it's just an average kind of letter.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at:

This is Merlmay Weberg with some puppies. No idea what year this is.

No idea who this is who graduated in 1961.Do you?

I think this is one of my uncles. Not sure what year it was taken.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment