Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Mabel Elmblade: Sept. 4, 1928 Congress Park, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the beginning of a new year 2017. In a way I'm glad to see 2016 end. It was a year that was not very pleasant for a lot of different people. Mine was not to bad but the energy never felt good. This year, will be a better year. Things are going to change in different ways. Think positive and better things will happen.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:



 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange, August 29, 1928
Dear Friend Howard.
I will write you a few
lines. How are you dear
I am fine. We have warm
weather. I received your
welcome letter. I was
pretty busy to I hung
the wash out. and see
and I went to a funeral
today. say Howard
I think of you often.
I sure am anxious to
see you dearest and hope
it's soon too. I imagine
your a kind hearted
boy? You have that look.
I was thinking of your
name it sounds so
pretty. I like the name
Howard. every one asks
me if I'm going to get
married and I said-
it depends on Howard.
I often picture myself with
a nice husband.- well
if god willing we will.
-isn't that right- Listen

          2.
do you intend to stay
on the farm. I hope not
all the time. you say
you often wish you was
married. well we will
notice the future how god
leads things out. I feel
already your the right one
I often said when the
right one comes along we'll
get married. now it's up
to you dear. I look at
your sweet Picture every
once in a while. So
you have a car. Well
there's nothing. like having
a good man. if a girls
suppose to get married.
I think of the time I
always wonder if I'm to be
married. Love- that is
true Love, is a wonderful
thing. I'm in Love all the
time But that's all the
further I get. I read your
letters so many times you
would love that wouldn't you
read letters so many times.

Well dear I must close as
it's Bed time. So Bye Bye.
              Lover
   Your very affectionate
              Friend
                Mabel
                    E.
       xxxxxxxx
       xxxxxxxx
       xxxxxxxx
My little niece
is so cute. I love
and kiss her all
the time- But I
would love to kiss
                    you
                 and love
                    you
                   dearest
Write
again
soon.


She was doing the best she could to convince Grandpa that she was in love with him.I guesss his picture was telling her there was love there  sight unseen.
But something tells me she did not want to live on a farm.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the "Jamaica 1907" set:

 17. Crowds of starving people waiting to be fed.
18. View of the native huts, showing the conditions.

I wonder how long they had to feed the people and how many they fed each day?
I wonder how long people had to live in the make shift shelters? This one looks very ruff to me.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

Not sure who they are exactly but I know someone will tell me.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
Once again I hope your new year will be an amazing one with many good surprises.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment