Friday, February 10, 2017

Cousin Walter Walin: Nov. 6,1928 Chicago, Ill

Dear Friends,
It's the end of another week. Time is sure flying by isn't it? Mother nature is certainly having fun with us.
Oh well, here is the next letter from Cousin Walter:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

              Chicago Ill.
                11/5/28
Dear Howard:
       First of all
I'll have to apologize for
not writing sooner but
have been rather busy.
Didn't get much time to
look around for a set
but tonite I happened
into a store that is
handling Stewart Warner sets.
Stewart Warner you know
has built up quite a
reputation the last few
years. First auto parts
and now radios. The
circular I am enclosing
shows sets that can
be operated by either
battery or eliminators and
come complete with tubes
and speaker but less batteries.

Batteries only cost $10 or $12
 if you want any of
the models shown let
me know at once and
I'll go in & hear them
first & if O.K. will get it
for you.
Called your lady friend
up a couple of times. Don't
find much time for anyone
but myself & my personal friends.
why don't you drive down some
time for a week. It wouldn't
cost much. Just for your
trip down & back. It wouldn't
cost you anything while here
as I'd see to that. I'm sure
your friend would be glad to
see you Says she lonesome
as much as ever but don't
tell her I told you. Think
it over and let me know.
I'll show you the town
in any way you want to see

it. Boy I'd just like
to take you to some of these
night clubs. You'd have
the time of your life. You
only live once.
  Let me hear from
you. With best regards
I am           Your cousin friend
                     Walter.

 He did send a booklet about those radios. I scanned the whole thing so here it is:








I looked it up on Wikipedia and it said that this company is no more in  Chicago but is in Lancaster as part of another company.
I wonder if Grandpa got a radio form Walter?

Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:



Finally married and alone at last.

I was going to include a picture but because of length of the booklet I decided not to.

Well I'll close for now.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment