Friday, February 3, 2017

Mabel Elmblade: La Grange, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Another week done. I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to the weekend. I don't have anything planned. It's a take as it comes kind of weekend.
Here is a letter from Mabel. I think this letter is out of order because someone took the stamp(Uncle Peter). It should have been shown before:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

Dear Friend,
I will write you a few lines
How are you. I am fine.
Alice Johnson gave me your
name and address and told
me to write you. I live in
La Grange, Ills. I have blue
eyes Brown hair love music
I'm 5ft my name is Mabel
and what is your name
when you write give me a
description of yourself and
also a Picture of yourself.
well this is all for this
time. So Bye Bye.
         Mabel Elmblade
29 Washington ave.
La Grange
         Ills.
over)

Say Listen I'll come up
with Alice sometime to
see you is that alright
Don't forget to write
    Your truly
     Mabel.

I guess that this letter should have been the first one she sent. With the date cut off the letter I should have read the letter first and put it in the right place.
But now we know who gave her Grandpa's name.
But right now I don't know who Alice was. Not sure if she was a relative.

Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:


With this being The Wedding Breakfast, what time did they get married?
Just asking.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Wolves may be killing deer near Clintonville, but here's one
110-pound fellow that Joe Petka (right) fixed so that it won't
bother any more deer. Petka has killed 91 wolves in four years.
This is the biggest. Albert Eland is with him- Dekarske Phto.

Now that is one big wolf.
For one person to kill that many wolves in four years is a lot.
Now remember, this was 1936.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

I'm one who does not know a whole lot about different cars, so I don't know what year this one is from or who's it was.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Don't for get to come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment